SMA Mock Trial Program
Advisor: Mrs. Alice Curtis
The SMA Mock Trial Program has been structured with the following goals in mind:
- To further students' understanding of the law, court procedures, civil liberties, and our legal system;
- To increase students' proficiency in basic life skills, such as listening, speaking, reading, and reasoning;
- To develop students' advocacy skills regardless of which side of the case is being represented and irrespective of the party with which students most identify;
- To promote better communication and cooperation between students, the schools, and the legal profession;
- To heighten students' consciousness of law-related professions and the academic studies that lead to those professions.